I’m going to take the love surrounding Valentine’s week and run with it.
Here’s the top 10 reasons why I love running:
1. Learning to love my body and strengthening myself both mentally and physically.
2. Eating peanut butter by the spoonful to fuel for a long run.
3. The gear. I can have umpteen pairs of shoes, shorts, tights, etc. because I end up wearing my gear more than my work clothes.
4. Feeling like a true athlete and inspiration to others.
5. The pure joy and satisfaction that comes from beating your personal best during a race or running a mile faster than you have before.
6. Catching the sunrise a few miles in to a run and knowing that people are still sleeping in their warm beds.
7. Letting go of time and being able to get lost on a run and simply go until you feel like stopping.
8. Making new friends in the running community.
9. Unplugging, getting outside and away from everything.
10. Watching people’s faces when they find out I’m a runner, and a marathoner.
Chef, teacher, etc. why do you love doing what you do?