HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEAUTIFUL BESTIE – JESSICA (aka on this site as Moose). Wish I was there, but we’ll get at it in a week!!!!
Here’s to an amazing weekend in Chicago for the Healthy Living Summit. What feels good, is being here knowing you are going to be surrounded by people with like-minds and views. Anxious to hear what everyone has to say and to finally meet some people I’ve been watching for months.
I tackled a run this morning on the beautiful lakefront of Chicago. How can you not get out and enjoy it? No picture because I ran sans phone, it’s much easier that way. I am feeling a bit under the weather (gasp, I hate to even admit this!) but was hoping to sweat it out on an easy, long run. At mile 3, I turned to go back the way I came. I was then lined-up with a female runner with similar build/form. Out comes the competitor in me, crap. I told myself, “stick to your pace”…but I couldn’t do it. I could hear her footsteps behind me and I took off. She kept trying to creep up, but I kept pushing. Alas, a quick 6-er, followed by a mile walk to cool down. With the lake views, a mile flies by.
Seeing that my iPod DIED on me during my run, I almost can’t talk about it, I think it’s time to show it some love with my weekly rotation:
– Eminem: Collapse (this will keep you hauling even in the worst of times)
– Lil Jon: Outta Your Mind (courtesy of Ellen on SYTYCD last night)
– Leighton Meester and Robin Thicke: Somebody to Love (perfect for CoreFusion)
– Bruno Mars: Just the Way You Are (in honor of Operation Beautiful launch this week)
– Garth Brooks: Callin Baton Rouge (for our birthday girl!)
What songs do I need to add to my little green iPod monster?