I am not an evening workout gal. Every morning I can roll out of bed just after 5AM and hit up the gym. PM workouts make me nervous. I use to always workout in the evenings, until I realized the scheduling benefits of knocking out your workout in the morning. Now, when I switch my morning workout to the evening I freak. Blame my OCD nature, but I feel like it’s something I dread all day. The reason for the PM exercise is more sleep and being able to carpool with the hubs. Yesterday, I told myself repeatedly, “I will not fear my evening workout.” My routine is owning me right now.
I did manage to come home yesterday afternoon and get down to the biz. Due to the torrential downpour and storms I was forced inside with my pilates DVD. I was still wound up last night, no clue why, but at 9:30 I proclaimed I was going swimming. Andrew patiently enjoyed a book while I swam. A few laps and I was satisfied.
In other news, I’ve been inspired by other’s to-do lists (thank you Gracie and Teri) and I thought I’d get on this bandwagon. I’d like to think of these things as manageable weekly mini-goals. It’s more of a public admission that y’all need to hold me accountable. I’ll try to work on bigger aspirations at some point, but staying focused on this week:
– Swap my AM workout for a PM…with no complaints or hesitation
– Organize my hall closet
– Make my Michael Jackson and Nirvana mixed CD
– 100 sit-ups @ least twice a week
– Enjoy a glass of wine with the hubs without touching a mobile device for the full duration of the glass
– Fix my at-home pedicure (mmhmm, I said fix)
– Read a solid passage of scripture each night
– Try to adhere to a tri-training schedule (no pun intended)
– Send a “hi, how are you” note to a relative
– Have my “no” mean “no” and my “yes” mean “yes”
I’ll post my progress on Friday. I’m sure you’ll just be on pins and needles until then;)
And last, but certainly not least, a special weather bulletin from my bro-
Mikey Likey: He’s telling me is really hot in south Florida. This guy has two beautiful bulldogs and it seems they just can’t take the heat.
What’s on your honey-do list? Go ahead, put pen to paper, I think you’ll feel better.