Oh summah summah summahtime. A proper thunderstorm kept these fins out of the pool. To think just yesterday I was talking about all the perks of a long summer evening:) I loved hearing about what you all enjoy doing during the long summer days!
I know we all get our news from various places. Online, TV, social media, etc., but there is one tried and true method that I still love opening the mailbox for monthly, my women’s magazines. Hey, Andrew has Car & Driver, I want something too. I subscribe to Women’s Health and Shape magazines. I recieved a fantastic deal online for Shape recently and signed up.
I love me some mail and to get my Shape magazine twas magical. I thoroughly enjoyed the June issue. Shape knows me too well, I opened almost right up to an article for tri training. Oy, gavolt.
While every article in a magazine isn’t for me, I did find some nuggets of goodness:
– The Editor in Chief of Shape, Valerie Latona, is training for a triathlon! You can follow her and stay updated as practices the three-month training plan to gear up for a race. I know I’m intrigued!
– Shape ranked D.C. as the top fittest city. Denver was 6th.
– Covergirl Kim K loves J Lo and her curves (thought I’d throw that in).
– Suntan lotion can expire. After a year you should probably toss it out.
– It will take you 110 min of swimming to burn off ONE Dairy Queen Blizzard! Cheezits, Mary and Joseph, that’s insane!
– Athlete Elaine Campbell’s rule is to think of eating like a bank account in reverse. Try to spend every calorie you deposit. I like her style.
– All nuts are not equal. Cashew butter has 2 fewer grams of fat than PB.
“And now you know.”
Mikey Likey: For this edition, we head to Mikey’s hometown to celebrate the opening of “The Wizarding World Harry Potter” at Universal Studios Orlando. I’ve been seriously geeked about this. He must have sent me a dozen pics as the construction was underway. I hear the land is wanderful! They have everything Harry could get at Ollivander’s wand shop or candy store. Even Butterbeer for you adults. I hear Broomsticks are going for some serio change, like $300. It will be some time before Mikey ventures to the park to check it out as the Muggle crowds are everywhere. The Los Angeles Times has a fantastic review.
What are some of your favorite mags to read? Where do you find useful tips and advice for fitness, beauty, health and overall lifestyle?