We have a lot going on in the next few weeks. June marks the start to a lot of fantastic sporting events:
– Stanley Cup Finals: Egh, tough to pick but (omg) go Blackhawks.
– FIFA World Cup: I am hosting a “kick-off” party.
– 24 Hour LeMans: Worth staying up until the wee hours. Tres bon!
– Tennis: “Love” it. French AND Wimbledon, plus the outfits. Mmm Rod and Fed, cover up Ms Williams!
– IronMan Brazil: Y’all are going to lose it when you hear my friend Elena’s story. (She leaves today, good luck!!)
– NBA Finals: LA Lebron’s or the Leltics
Bring back Wild N Crazy Kids while we’re at it. Watching sports is something that evokes motivation for me. Last year the Tour de France had me in awe that human bodies are capable of enduring literally miles of stress. It was the first time that I felt the challenge to do a half-marathon and see what I was made of. This summer I am gearing up for a new test, keeping that challenge close to the vest for now. From ballparks to full-on sporting events, summer is the time to enjoy a variety of solid games.
Nutritioneer Weekly Challenge – 100 leg lifts and attempt 3 pull-ups. Laugh now, kids. Pull-ups + me = ain’t going to happen. My upper body strength is horrific and trying to do even one last night was a serious effort. But a challenge nonetheless.
Last week I made it all week with no gum, for serious. And splurged and had some sweet treats on Saturday, thank you Chick-fil-A milkshake. Moo-mmm. High-five little victories.
What sporting events are you all most looking forward too?